Sunset Magazine 2010 Dream Remodel
Sunset magazine, the premier magazine for discriminating homeowners in the Western US, features a remodel project every year to highlight trends and products in the remodel industry they feel will benefit their audience.
This year the Sunset Magazine Dream Remodel will be a 1920’s bungalow in Northern California. The remodel will highlight sustainable products and will feature US Tile, a Boral Roofing Companies ClayLite Tile.
US Tile, A Boral Roofing Company - ClayLite
ClayLite is designed specifically for the remodel market. ClayLite is the only round profile lightweight clay tile available on the market today. Weighing less than 600 lbs per square (100 square feet of roof area), ClayLite was designed so no structural modifications or costly engeneering reports need to be made when reroofing a home.
The US Tile products used for this project feature a wide range of sustainable benefits that include:
- Cradle to Cradle Gold Certification: US Tiles clay roofing products are the first tiles in the world to receive the prestigious Cradle to Cradle Gold certification, ensuring that our products are truly sustainable and will not cause harm to the environment at any point of it’s lifecycle.
- CRRC Cool Roof: A cool or reflective roof can save homeowners as much as 20% on their heating and air conditioning usage. All US Tile roofing products have been rated by the CRRC (Cool Roof Rating Council) for reflectivity. The vibrant color for this project is called Tuscany, and has a reflectivity of .23 and an SRI (Solar Reflective Index) of 47, meeting all cool roof standards for LEED, Energy Star and California Title 24 requirements.
- 100% Recyclable: All US Tile clay roofing products are completely recyclable and will not harm the environment
- Recycled Content: US Tile harvests many of its clays from waste materials left over from mining operations and has one of the highest recycled contents (up to 59%) of any roofing product on the market today.
- Energy Star Rated: Most US Tile roofing products and colors meet or exceed national Energy Star standards.
- No Fade: Unlike most other roofing products on the market today, US Tiles’ clay roofing products will not fade over time, maintaining their vibrant color for the life of your roof.
ClayLite also boasts the industries leading warranty that covers US Tile products for the life of the structure. Our warranty also contains a No-Fade guarantee to insure the vibrant beauty of your US Tile roof will not fade over time.